Tuesday, July 14, 2009

It's too late to Brew

This weekend, my friends any I found ourselves wandering the streets of Yaletown, looking for something to quench our hunger. Our goal was Cactus club, but somehow found ourselves in the walls of Yaletown Brewery Inc. I have never been there, and this definately wasn't the 1st impression I was looking for.

Sometimes, service out rules good food.

Our server(who will remain nameless) was definitely not placed in the employment that played on her best qualities.

Occurrences that happened that would never make me go back again(all has to do with the server, not the restaurant itself):
1. Server claimed that the Backyard Burger was 'the best burger you'll ever try'.(That's one thing you should never do. If it really is the best burger, the customer will figure it out on their own.

2. When asked for a wine list, she listed out, "oh, we have really good Merlot, Cab Sav, Chardonnay etc etc...". All very vague. When asked for a wine menue, to get the specifics, all she got in immediate response was a dirty look.

3. I had to ask 4 times before recieving my requested straw.

4. When it was brought to the attention of the server that she forgot to add cheese to the burger, the server actually argued with my friend that she never ordered it, and left the plate at the table, and came back with a cold slice of cheese on a plate!

5. They busboy took away our dishes without asking if we were finished.

6. It let us sit waiting for 15min, after finishing and clearing out table to bring us our bill.


Food was good, but it sure left a bad taste in my mouth.Dix BBQ & Brewery on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment